Table of Contents
There are healthy ingredients, there are tasty ones. There are simple healthy dishes, there are extremely easy ones. But, can you think of a staple that has it all?
I can. White rice has everything: it is delicious, healthy, simple and easy to cook. What’s more, rice is a really versatile ingredient. I can’t think of any staple it doesn’t combine well with.
Let’s take a look at its properties
Rice is well-known for being a very rich source of carbohydrates. However, it provides other nutrients that may surprise you. Let’s find them out.
White rice provides fiber, as well as manganese to our bodies, and it is also a source of protein.
Another advantage is that, when we combine it with other ingredients, we incorporate further nutrients. So it works as a link between different types of food. It is so practical!
You may wonder how many calories in a cup of white rice you could find and how to cook it.
Well, you are going to get 200 calories out of one cup of cooked rice and cooking it is so simple as just boiling it.
Nevertheless, if you are willing to give plain boiled rice a twist, I have the perfect recipe for you.
What can you do out of a pot of white rice?
As you know, several dishes can be made with this simple staple. A great idea could be to chop and sauté your favorite vegetables, mix them up with the rice and add two tablespoons of soy sauce. It is a very healthy dish that will take you just 20 minutes to be ready.
Another option is to prepare rice as a side dish. You can boil it with a pinch of salt and add some grated cheese to serve it together with some beans or toasted nuts.
If you are a sweet tooth, you can even cook some desserts or puddings with white rice as the main ingredient. Now, do you see how versatile rice is?
Let’s get to the making
If you want to learn a more detailed recipe with white rice, let me teach you one.
Today, I bring you a Texas roadhouse seasoned rice recipe that will captivate you so much you won’t be able to stop preparing it.
Let’s see what you are going to need
- ¼ cup of butter.
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice.
- 1 small diced onion.
- ½ cup of chopped parsley.
- 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- ¼ cup of soy sauce.
- 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- A pinch of salt.
You will need to follow these steps
- First of all, you should chop the vegetables before getting started, so that you can save some time.
- The next step is to melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the rice, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. The rice should be browned.
- Then, add the onion and cook it until it becomes translucent, for about 3 minutes.
- After that, add the parsley, the paprika, the garlic powder, the pepper and the soy sauce. Pour the broth and bring it to a simmer. Let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it cook for about 15 more minutes.
- Finally, fluff the rice with a fork and season it with salt.
- If you want to know when the preparation is ready to be served, you should check that all the liquid has been absorbed and that the rice is tender.
- If you relish spicy food, this dish is ideal to add some Tabasco sauce drops. They will spicy the recipe up!
- You can serve it as a main course and add to it some more vegetables, or as a side dish, too.
- Feel free to season it as you prefer!
Boiled, fried or baked. Together with beans, nuts or vegetables. As an entrée, a side dish or a main course. For dinner or for lunch. No matter how or when you make it, white rice always tastes amazingly well. Everybody enjoys a nice pot of white rice seasoned with flavorful spices or delicious sauces.
So, why don’t you try this dish out? You are going to stand out at your next dinner party and your friends will want to know the secret! Of course, you can be a good friend and share it with them.