Table of Contents
Rice pudding is a dessert of Spanish origin made with slightly sweet rice. It is also a dessert made in homes throughout Latin America. Its ingredients and preparation are simple. Like all home classics, the seasonings may be different depending on the country and even the cook. Two recipes are included for you to try.
Arroz Con Leche Recipes
Here you will learn how to make it perfect so that it is creamy just right, and not just a simple rice and milk mash. Also, being in a hurry is not an excuse, because you have a great recipe for a creamy Arroz Con Leche to do in a very short time.
The trick, as you will see below, has to do with the rice you choose to cook, that is why in this recipe, Mahatma® Basmati Rice is the chosen one. You can get it at this link https://mahatmarice.com/recipes/arroz-con-leche/. Another trick is the type of cooking with the ingredients and not overdoing it with the temperature. As usual in any rice recipe, a short rest is needed to settle the mixture.
Very typical of Asturian cuisine, this Arroz Con Leche is a leader and will surely become your go-to recipe when making desserts at home.
One: Creamy Arroz con Leche
- 3.5 oz of Mahatma® Basmati Rice
- 1 l whole milk
- 7 oz of liquid cream
- 1.7 oz of butter
- 5 oz of sugar
- Cinnamon stick one piece
- Vanilla one-third of a pod
- Lemon peel one twist
How to make it
- Boil the rice with the water, stirring constantly for two minutes over high heat. Add the milk, the cream, and the aromas and cook over medium heat for about forty minutes, stirring constantly so that it does not stick.
- At the last minute add the sugar and integrate. Remove from the heat and add the cold butter in cubes and mix well.
- Let stand for at least one hour at room temperature. After this time, serve at room temperature.
What to serve with this creamy rice pudding
These creamy Arroz Con Leche recipes can be served at room temperature or cold as a dessert. You can add an extra cinnamon powder on top or add a teaspoon of sugar on the surface and burn it with a kitchen blowtorch. The truth is that you will be surprised with how creamy it is in such a short time and almost without stirring.
Two: Express rice pudding
These are recipes with tradition and history as the homemade “Arroz Con Leche”, a common dessert to finish any meal. Here it is famous for its creaminess and flavor obtained from slow cooking and stirring for a minimum of two hours, but to get that point you often need time that maybe you do not have.
This is a recipe for a creamy and express Arroz Con Leche that can be made in a very short time. The texture is so sought after, almost reaching the level of the cream of the traditional Arroz Con Leche.
The secret: a creamy whole milk bottle and a small touch of cream, as well as boiling the rice for a few minutes in water. With this you will achieve a creamy rice pudding in half the time and it will never again be a dessert that you will be lazy to make.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 700 ml of fresh pasteurized whole milk
- 200 ml liquid whipping cream
- 1 cup Mahatma® Basmati Rice
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- Cinnamon stick to taste
- Begin by placing over very low heat a thick-bottomed pot with the milk, the cream, and the cinnamon stick. Put apart a pot with enough water to boil, when it begins to bubble add the rice and let it cook for ten minutes over high heat. Once the time has elapsed, drain it and add it to the milk and cream.
- Increase the heat a little and cook everything for twenty-five minutes, stirring from time to time. Add the sugar and cook for five more minutes, stirring often so that it does not stick.
- Remove from the heat and pour into small casseroles or a large bowl.