Table of Contents
Some people need to be very careful about what they eat in order to be able to digest their food efficiently and effectively. These are people suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bloating, gas, or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Fortunately, succulent vegan meatloaf recipes are available, providing not only healthy dishes, but also delicious meals with a pleasant taste.
In this post we are going to offer you a tasty and easy-to-digest vegan meatloaf recipe so that you can have a good and succulent meal. This recipe is specifically designed to help people with that kind of health problems, so they can have better control over their symptoms. We also provide here useful tips on how to cook these recipes better.
A hearty spiced meatloaf can be prepared without any meat at all, using vegetable mince. You just require to bake it in the oven with carrots. For its preparation following ingredients are needed:
- 600 g plant based minced meat.
- 800 g of carrots, e.g. red, orange, yellow.
- 50 g of bread crumbs.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of capers.
- 1 onion.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 1 bunch of parsley.
- 3 tablespoons of vegan condimento bianco.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Brush the gratin dish with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Finely chop onion, garlic and parsley.
- Coarsely chop capers.
- Put everything in a bowl with vegan minced meat, half of breadcrumbs and tomato puree.
- Season with 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper.
- Knead everything well.
Shaping the meatloaf
- Form a loaf from the mixture, turn it in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Put the loaf into the form.
- Halve the carrots and cut them into pieces.
- Mix with 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ tablespoon of salt and a little pepper.
- Spread carrots around meatloaf.
- Brush meatloaf with remaining oil and bake in the center of the oven for about 50 minutes.
- Turn carrots from time to time.
- Carve meatloaf.
- Mix condimento bianco with carrots.
- Arrange meatloaf and carrots.
You can also learn to prepare another appetizing vegan meatloaf recipe by accessing how to make vegan meatloaf where you will get directions to cook an irresistible vegan brown rice barbecue meatloaf.
Vegetarian meatloaf constitutes an excellent choice as main dish. That is because its ingredients have many benefits and taste like actual meat.
- You can prepare vegan meat with lentils, kidney beans, and delicious spices that enhance its flavor. It is a dish also to be enjoyed even by non-vegetarians.
- There are several side dishes to accompany this meatloaf. So, it can be served with mashed potatoes with herbs, sautéed asparagus, baked potatoes, chickpea salad, fried sweet potatoes, spinach salad, etc.
- The vegan meatloaf can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil.
- In case you decide to use dried lentils, try cooking them with two bay leaves and a vegetable stock cube in plenty of water with a pinch of salt for about 20 minutes or until tender. This way they will be tastier.
- Why don’t you dare to give an exotic touch to your recipe and add a little thyme or oregano to give your pie a different flavor? You can also add some peas to give it more color and texture. Add them along with the flour and lentils.
This dish is recommended for special dinners, even more so on occasions such as Christmas or other special events. However, you can also take it to work or just prepare it on the weekend.
Because it is very filling and has a firm texture, it is appreciated by children since they do not find “little pieces of vegetables” they usually do not like.
Some diners like their vegan meatloaf in “steaks”. So you just cut the meatloaf into slices and cook them again in a pan with a little oil to make them even crispier.
As we know, there are foods containing short-chain carbohydrates, such as sugars, starches and fiber, which are commonly found in a wide variety of foods. These are carbohydrates that are poorly absorbed in the small intestine, retain water and ferment in the colon. They come to be a nightmare for people with gastro-intestinal problems. However, these people have the option of vegetarian recipes like the one presented here to eat healthy and delicious meals.